DESTINATION MANAGEMENT | EVENTS 360°
ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABILITY :
Our values and guiding principles
Prime Partners recognizes the role we play in contributing to a sustainable future for all. The aim of this Events Sustainability Policy is to articulate our commitment to environmental and socially sustainable practices in all areas of our event design and management systems.
Our commitment includes an overarching understanding of sustainability:
- Living within the limits of what the environment can provide
- Understanding the interconnections between economy, society and the environment
- The equal distribution of resources and opportunities to all members of society
- We conduct our event operations with integrity and with regard for the law.
- We support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and ensure we are not complicit in human rights abuses, including forced, compulsory or child labor. This is enacted through choices made in our product, materials and supplies procurement.
- We ensure responsible use of natural resources and management of waste created.
- We include consideration for local ecological protection and localized community and environmental impacts. This can include sound and lighting, traffic congestion, or other human and event activities
- We ensure respect for, and acknowledgment or traditional owners.
- We ensure issues of heritage and archaeological sensitivity are addressed
- We aim to leave a lasting impression within the host community, throughout the supply chain and with event attendees through our commitment to sustainability.
- We produce our events with the highest levels of safety
- We ensure timely management reviews of all event sustainability activity, performance measurement and reporting, and planning for continual improvement.
Sustainability in Action at our Events
The following summarizes how sustainability is included in the operational aspects of event production. Environmental sustainability
- The event aims to reduce total energy used, maximize the use of renewable energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The event works to reduce total waste produced, maximize recovery of waste resources and diversion to landfill
- The event aims to reduce water used and waste water produced
- The event does not use or produce toxic substances residue.
- The event aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions resulting from event related travel and transport
- The event ensures all products and materials procured are the most sustainable options available
- We engage local producers and services.
- We work to reduce food kilometers.
- We discourage use of bottled water.
- We require best practice methodology from our suppliers in engaging the most energy efficient infrastructure and materials for our event.
- We engage food rescue providers at each event
- The event aims to train and employ as many underprivileged or marginalized people as possible
- The event experience for the workers should be positive, stress-free, fulfilling and meaningful.
- Wherever possible, repeat work experience will be provided to trainees in consecutive events.
- Our long-term aim is to establish a core group of employees that are responsible and can be relied upon to work independently but within a supported environment. We want this event experience to enrich our employee’s lives through meaningful employment.
- Wherever possible we channel production and sourcing through not-for-profit, community or remedial organizations
- We have a zero alcohol and drug policy for all employees, and we discourage smoking.
It is our intention to be able to monitor the following activities. Additional indicators of sustainability performance are reported, based on sustainability issues identified. Reporting includes a description of our approach to managing issues along with measurable outcomes.
|Item||Method||Constraints we are addressing|
|Energy||Total mains electricity used kWh Total fuel used in mobile generators Percentage of event energy from renewable energy supply||Meters at venue Mobile measurement devices Availability of alternative energy sources|
|Waste||Total waste produced Total recycling and biodegradable waste diverted to landfill||Support of venue – kitchens and floor staff Require specially marked bins|
|Water||Total water consumed – other than drinking water in indoor venues||Measurement devices|
|Attendee travel||Percentage of attendees traveling by mode of transport||Requires client monitoring support, data collection|
|Production travel||Number of flights (domestic and international)||Requires client monitoring support, data collection|
|Procurement||Percentage of procurement meeting sustainable procurement policies|
|Greenhouse gas emissions||GHG emissions from event electricity GHG emissions from attendee travel GHG emission due to production and travel flightsGHG emission offset through carbon offset credits|
All Clients and product and service suppliers will be made aware of our Event Sustainability Policy at the time of engagement. Compliance with the policy is a contractual obligation on their behalf. Where relevant, suppliers may be required to complete Performance measurement reviews and data to assist in determining an events footprint.
Monitoring and Review
The event will carry out a quantitative and qualitative assessment of sustainability performance.
Sustainability issues will be included in the external and internal debrief after each event. These reviews will be considered in the annual appraisal and reassessment of Prime Partners’ Sustainability Policy. Continual improvement is built into performance review and future targets.